Saturday, June 12, 2010

...and then there was one

This post could easily be titled "Where is your sister?" because that's what I've been asked all day today! Courtney left early this morning so now it's just me. Kinda weird being in Ghana solo.

Our last day at BASICS was a lot of fun. We truly were honored with the good-bye the staff and the students gave us. They brought in a cake, which apparently is a rare event, and some of the students got up and publicly thanked us in front of the other students. We received the traditional "Chorkor" shirts that were presented by some of the students. Then they children all broke out into African song and dance. A great ending to a great trip!

It's been fun being in Ghana during the World Cup as well. Everyone is really into football and the games are always being played- even in the street! In Osu, the main street was blocked off and they had a large big screen and a crowd watching Nigeria play Argentina. It should be a real experience when Ghana plays tomorrow. I desperately hope they win so I can see the craziness.

It's off to Nigeria for the week come Monday. We will see what adventures Nigeria has to offer. I am grateful for the hospitality of the Gowon family as they have invited me to stay as a guest in their home.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck traveling in Nigeria, Lo. I have enjoyed reading your blog...although I haven't kept up with it as I have been busy taking care of the fam. Thanks for posting all the new adventures you are having there. I am excited to see you again soon and to hear all of your stories!

    ReplyDelete